Enjoying an open-air jazz concert in London, the Doctor and Chloe are soon thrown into the evil world of the Daleks. The Doctor is taken prisoner, while Chloe begins working for UNIT. What could the Daleks' plan possibly be this time?
Two Underground workers have a very sticky encounter with the Daleks. Meanwhile, the Doctor and Chloe, both rediscovering their taste in jazz, are returning from an open-air jazz concert and are heading towards the TARDIS by train. However, there is an explosion at the station, and the Doctor and Chloe soon find themselves separated. The Doctor ends up being taken prisoner by the Daleks and Davros. Chloe, meanwhile, makes contact with UNIT and they soon learn that unless UNIT help the Daleks to escape from their crashed ship in London, the whole of London will be destroyed. Chloe becomes the Daleks liason with UNIT and gives them the message that they accept the Daleks' terms. However, the Doctor knows that even if the Daleks are freed they will still detonate their bombs. With no way of defusing the bombs, it looks as if all is over, until Chloe, learning that the bombs are magnetic, sticks them onto the side of the Dalek ship, which is destroyed. But the Doctor doesn't believe that it's the end for Davros. And as he leaves, acknowledges the fact that he'll probably be back.
- This story was recorded and released before Darkness Falls, so little reference is made to the first story, and this second story has a very different feel to it.
- This is the first BTR audio to feature the Daleks. They are back, however, in Dominion. And they also appear in the Short Trips, A Cause for Carolling and Crisp and Even.
- Davros would reappear in A Cause for Carolling.
- This is the first BTR appearance for UNIT. They would be back in The Gallifreyan Recommencement, Rapture the Heavens, Kindred Spirit and in The Six Minute UNIT Files.
- There is also a Bloopers Reel of this story available at the website www.btrproductions.org.
The Doctor: Matthew Kopelke
Chloe Richards: Lorna Hill
Davros: David Hutchinson
Colonel Trent: Scott Marshall
The Daleks: David Hutchinson
The Prime Minister: Jeff Kelly
Lieutenant Andrews: Witold Tietze
Alex McIntosh: Jeff Kelly
Policeman: Jeff Kelly
Major Tarrant: Mark Jones
Driver: Mark Jones
Jim Smith: David Schroder
Paul Jones: Mark Jones
PA Voice: Mark Jones
Radio Announcer: Witold Tietze
Soldiers: David Schroder, Mark Jones
Air Force Man: Witold Tietze
Captain Bambera: Lorna Hill
Written by: Matthew Kopelke
Based on a Story by: Terry Nation
Additional Script: David Hutchinson, Witold Tietze, Scott Marshall
Recording Arrangement: Matthew Kopelke
Title Music: Ron Grainer
Arrangement: Dominic Glynn
Incidental Music: Malcolm Clarke
Editing, Special Sound: Matthew Kopelke
Producer: Matthew Kopelke
Director: Matthew Kopelke
|Preceding Story||Following Story|
|Darkness Falls||The Invasion of the Daleks||Sentinel|